Baby Hand Raised Cockatiels
Cockatiels are generally better at imitating whistles than speech. Some do learn to repeat phrases, and the males are generally better at mimicry than the females. Cockatiels can mimic many sounds, for example the bleep of a car alarm, a ringing telephone, or the calls of other bird species,
To give your pet cockatiel the correct nutrition we generally recommend a combination of the following:
- 40-70% premium commercial pellet appropriate to your species of parrot
- 20-35% vegetables (recommended vegetables include: capsicum, broccoli, chilli, corn, carrot, zucchini, squash, spinach, pumpkin, sweet potato, beans and peas) and sprouted seed
- 7-15% fruits (ie melons, strawberries, banana, blue berries, grapes, peaches, pear, apple) and native vegetation (most Australian blossoms, gum nuts and plants are okay to feed – ensure these are free of wild bird droppings/contact). Please ensure that all stone fruits and apples are free of their seeds.
- 10-15% quality commercial seed mix appropriate to your species of parrot.
- 1-2% snacks for training and as treats (unsalted nuts (ie macadamia, cashew and walnut), pasta, eggs and brown rice).
For more information on how to care for your Cockatiel properly click here
AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP IN STORE ONLY